Who has the energy to cook a huge meal after a day’s work and home-based learning for their kid? Not me! This steamed garlic enoki is one of my favourite 15-minute meals and a winner with my husband. Warning: Once you try it, you will crave it over and over again!
This is a really simple dish. My special trick to make the garlic extra fragrant is to splash smoking hot oil over it before steaming. Trust me, it makes a difference! The sauce may look inadequate at the beginning. But, the secret is that the mushrooms will give out their sweet and delicious juice while steaming. So, don’t worry.
- Chillies are not compulsory, so feel free to omit if feeding kids.
- It is steamed garlic enoki so obviously there’s lots of garlic! 3-5 cloves is good.
- If you are oil-free or lazy, you can just skip the step with the smoking hot oil.
- Plate with a slight lip will make sure that the sauce doesn’t overflow during steaming.
- Try to keep the mushrooms in a uniformed thickness around the plate so it cooked evenly.
Love enoki? Check out Enoki in Tofu Skin (金针菇豆皮卷)!